Sunday 9 October 2011

34. Crooked I - Mr Pig Face Weapon Waist



Crooked I is one quarter of hip-hop supergroup, Slaughterhouse, the other members being Royce da '59, Joell Ortiz and Joe Budden.


On this outing, Crooked I shows why he's one of the best MC's not only from the West Coast, but in rap as a whole. Crooked manages to put words together in a way that I cannot even fathom and his beat selection is on point. The first song, 'Mr Pigface' is an aggressive guitar driven track which is guarenteed to get heads bobbing and 'U Shoulda Made a Phone Call' featuring Kay Young is a banger also.

The highlight though, for me, is the M.O.P. 'Woodstock hood-hop' which will get hip-hop heads dying for more collaborations between the two crews.

Until tomorrow.....
twitter.com/therealtomsmith
#365Albums

Favorite song:

No comments:

Post a Comment