Monday 24 October 2011

50. Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto



New release Mondays are back. This week it's the new album from Coldplay, entitled Mylo Xyloto.

I'll start this off by saying that I don't really like Coldplay, namely because I generally find their music quite boring. The reason why I said that is because there are a few songs on this album that I wouldn't have guessed were Coldplay if Chris Martin wasn't singing.

The album starts with a slow, almost orchestral, 40 second-ish intro that merges straight into 'Hurts Like Heaven' which doesn't sound like what I would consider a 'Coldplay' song at all. Granted once you listen to it again, you can tell that it's definitely Coldplay, but there's something different about it. 'Paradise' has definitely got a slight dubstep influence to it in parts and 'Major Munus' is surprisingly uplifting. 

Now, this album isn't going to make me suddenly realize how great Coldplay supposedly are, but 'Mylo Xyloto' exceeded my expectations, even though I'm not sure what they were.

Until tomorrow.....
twitter.com/therealtomsmith
#365Albums 

Favorite song:




No comments:

Post a Comment