Monday 12 September 2011

8. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde



I like to think of myself as something of a music fan and yet I've never listened to a Bob Dylan album. Prior to listening to 'Blonde on Blonde' the only song by Mr Dylan that I  knew was the one from the beginning of the Watchmen film, and I don't even know that one very well. 

As a lot of people cite Bob Dylan as a major influence, it seemed only right that I should give it a go.

The song that starts the album off made me chuckle as it is an amazing stoner song, disguised in it's referenced to the old testament (In order to get radio play as commercial radio wouldn't play a song called 'everyone must get stoned'). The second song 'Pledging my time' seems to set the tone for the rest of the album, bluesy and folky. 

I like the strong presence of the harmonica which you don't seem to get much these days, it serves as a nice way to end most of the songs and in particular the solo at the end of 'Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands' is the perfect way to end the album. 

For a first time listen I really enjoyed this album, I imagine that after repeated listens it only gets better. 

Until tomorrow.....
twitter.com/therealtomsmith
#365Albums



Favorite song:

No comments:

Post a Comment